Assistant Accountant (Dubai) Job Vacancies at Smiths Detection in Dubai 2018
Smiths Detection hiring for positions of Assistant Accountant (Dubai) placed in Dubai. This job vacancy is open from 10 Januari 2018 to the end of this month. Here is more information about the job requirements, qualifications and descriptions associated with Assistant Accountant (Dubai) job opportunity 2018.
Smiths Detection Recruitment 2018
Assistant Accountant (Dubai) Smiths Detection - Dubai
This person will be responsible for the administration of the accounting function, primarily with accounts payable. They will have accountability and custody of the company’s accounting data and records and will assist largely with vouching, verification, accounting and maintenance of related records.
The incumbent must possess a proven track record for timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
The individual is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes.
Understand the Middle East and the legal requirements of working in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Smiths Code of Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics is upheld in all activities.
- Maintaining books of accounts and ensuring that accounting transactions are recorded in line with International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Responsible for accounting information as per International Accounting Standards (IAS). Due attention will be paid to Smiths Groups accounting policies and procedures while processing accounting transactions for the entity.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Perform accounts payable disbursement and accounts receivables.
- Preparation of month end journals;
- Inter-company transactions and inter-company recharges
- Payroll expenses and deductions
- Routine check of supplier invoices to verify accuracy and compare the same with approved purchase orders to be entered into the accounting system.
- Credit card and travel account review and reconciliation
- Invoice review
- Purchase Order creation
- Support the Accountant & Senior Accountant in recording transactions on a day to day level paying attention to detail while recording these transactions.
- Provision of ad hoc financial information to senior management as and when requested.
- Support for the Finance Manager in providing monthly reports to support analysis for various balances.
- All of the above to be maintained on a SAP ERP environment.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager to this role from time to time and not covered above.
- Continuous improvement of the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organisations mission
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in a finance role.
- Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural environment is an advantage
- Accounting Degree or equivalent
- Computer literacy (advance Excel skills), competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialised software programs.
- Knowledge of accounting software (SAP)
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Solid communications skills both verbal and written and a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Language skills in English is required. Language skills in Arabic would be an advantage.
- Must be decisive, driven and conscientious and interact well in a team environment.
- Possess excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi task and manage a wide range of activities.
- Strong customer service skills including phone etiquette and the ability to handle stressful situations with resilience and tenacity.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual.
- The ability to make good judgments by thinking quickly and broadly.
Smiths Detection offers advanced security solutions in civil and military markets worldwide, developing and manufacturing government-regulated technology products that identify explosives, chemical and biological agents, weapons and contraband. It is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.
If you are interested in Assistant Accountant (Dubai) Dubai job opened by the Smiths Detection, immediately prepare the requirements and qualifications to apply for this Assistant Accountant (Dubai) job. For more info click on the button below:
Send your application via link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get the lastest job opportunities
Also follow my twitter
Responsible for developing and implementing the highest level of customer service to all incoming and outgoing visitors....
To provide support to the IP professional team (Dubai) and to ensure that all trade mark work is. In order to provide advice to clients from all over the world,...
Perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system.*. Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders.*....
Ensure back office operation & sales support are as per banks regulatory guidelines. Primary responsibilities include sales monitoring, target setting (xceed),...
Regularly updating sales reports, maintaining and updating database of B2B customers for follow-up and prospecting opportunities....
Provide administrative support to the necessary personnel in the department. Perform standard data entry tasks according to accuracy standards, examine data...